Subject: 2 layer morph problem
From: [email-masked] (Mike Harlock)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 95 00:13:31

I'm having a curious problem with an object that morphs into another object
that then morphes into another:

I have three versions of the object.  The first is an image sequence on a
flat plane.

The second one is the same plane that's solid white, the target of the
first object.

The third object is a still picture taken from the image sequence, and is
the target of the second object.

The effect it's supposed to give is a moving sequence that gets
"snapshotted" (white flash) then the white dissolves to the still picture.

The "problem:"

What happens is that the first morph, between the image sequence and the
white frame, occurs fine.  But the second morph, between the white frame
and the still picture, refuses to happen.   No matter how I set the
morph level on the second object, it won't show a morph between it and the
third object.  So all I see is white from the time the flash happens
onwards.

I made sure Morph Surfaces is turned on for both morphs, and that the
envelopes are not backwards.

After trying numerous things, I loaded the objects into a blank scene and
tried it again.  No luck.

There are twelve of these things that fly around in my animation and snapshot
to still photos as they land into an even grid.  None of them work right.

Any suggestions?  The manual says you can 16 layers embedded.

Puzzled,
---Mike

       __
      <  \      [email-masked] - Mike Harlock      
[\\\\\\(\ (:::<======================================-
\<      >  \       Practice Random Kindness
 \\    /    |    And Senseless Acts of Beauty
  `==='____/
             New!  http://raindrop.ranma.com/mikem.html

--
[email-masked] (Mike Harlock) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]